Friday, November 7, 2014

Letters About Literature

Dear Rick Riordan,
I first heard your name from a friend and he said I’d like your books. So I bought the whole set. I’ve had them for a few years. Never read one of the books until last summer.
When I was going to a boyscout camp my mom asked me if I wanted to bring a book with me. So I agreed and I took the book Percy Jacksons the Lightning Thief. I read it on the way down and got ¼ of the way done. Then we got there and we set up tents and got all of our stuff in the tent. Collin and I sat in our tent and talked also read our books. We had classes in the morning and evenings so I read at night that happened for two days.

We left and went home and a week later I when to a church camp I liked with my friend. We were in the same cabin with Heydon our other friend. In our free time they would go to the gym and play games while I stayed and read the book. I had brought the second book just in case I finished the first but I hadn’t. We left and went home.

 We all left for the second boyscout camp and I read the whole way. When we got there I had ¼ of the book left. We’ll this camp lasted for a week and it was right after the last one and I was tired but I finished Percy Jacksons the Lightning Thief and started the second book. We had left and I had completed eight maret badges.

I haven’t finished the other books yet because I’m busy with school. Yet I really liked the story. It helped me realize I like to read and fueled my interests in history. So I thank you for all your hard work.

Sincerely,

Aaron DeWitt, Grade 8

No comments:

Post a Comment